23 August 2026

A Time For WIPs




If you're a cross stitcher, or a crafter, you know all about WIPs. If you aren't, I'll let you know about them. WIPs are Works in Progress. Basically, all the craft projects that someone has started but not yet finished. I have quite a few, but I will show you here today the ones that I currently have. I am linking the charts to the websites, in case you are interested in seeing the full design. Please note, there are a couple that cannot be linked.

I just made a youtube video of all of these, showing the charts, how far I am on them, the dates I started them, and what fabrics and flosses I am using:


2021 Starts:

"Bear Tree Forest" designed by Little House Needleworks
  • Started on 03 May 2021
  • 28 count evenweave that I coffee/tea dyed (2 over 2)
  • Using all of the called-for fancy flosses and DMC
"Snowflakes" designed by Little House Needleworks
  • Started on 19 May 2021
  • 28 count evenweave that I coffee/tea dyed (2 over 2)
  • Using all of the called-for fancy flosses and DMC
"The Library" designed by Little House Needleworks
  • Started on 24 May 2021
  • 28 count evenweave that I coffee/tea dyed (2 over 2)
  • Using all of the called-for fancy flosses and DMC
"Halloween Rules" designed by Lizzie Kate
  • Started on 27 May 2021
  • 28 count evenweave that I coffee/tea dyed (2 over 2)
  • Using all of the called-for DMC flosses
  • Note: I am not doing this one in the 1x12 layout that is suggested on the charts. Instead, I am stitching it ina. 2x6 layout that makes it a wider and shorter rectangle.
"Snow Village" designed by Country Cottage Needleworks
  • Started on 30 May 2021
  • 28 count evenweave that I coffee/tea dyed (2 over 2)
  • Using all of the called-for fancy flosses and DMC
2022 Starts:

"Easter Minis" designed by Cherry Hill Stitchery
(Unfortunately, Cherry Hill Stitchery has closed it's operations and is no longer producing patterns.)
  • Started on 14 March 2022
  • 16 count Fidler's Cloth Aida (2 over 1)
  • Using all of the called-for fancy flosses and DMC
  • Note: This is one that I am not sure I want to continue on the fabric I initially chose. I am thinking of re-starting once I find a better suited fabric color choice.
2023 Starts:

"Castles" designed by 2x2 Stitch Art
  • Started 18 January 2023; Re-Started with new floss on 01 April 2023
  • 28 count evenweave that I coffee/tea dyed (1 over 1)
  • Using DMC 918 and 919
"Home of the Brave" designed by Kaelyn V. (Me!)
  • Started on 21 January 2023
  • 28 count evenweave that I coffee/tea dyed (2 over 2)
  • Using all of the called-for DMC flosses
"Walking on Sunshine" designed by Unknown
  • Started on 25 June 2023
  • 20 count Easy-Grid Aida (1 over 1)
  • Using all of the called-for DMC flosses (112 of them!)
  • Note: This is the first and only, to date, full coverage piece I have in my WIPs. This pattern was a gift from my mother, and I am not sure who the original designer is, though I have seen versions of it for sale on Etsy.
"Sea to Shining Sea" designed by Little House Needleworks
  • Started on 04 September 2023
  • 40 count Newcastle Linen in "Sand" by PTP (1 over 2)
  • Using all of the Classic Colorworks silks that were included with the charts.
2024 Starts:

"No Time Like the Present" designed by Modern Folk Embroidery
  • Started on 01 January 2024
  • 40 count Newcastle Linen in "Antique White" (1 over 2)
  • Using DMC 422 and 930
2025 Starts:

"The Fruits of Plenty" designed by Modern Folk Embroidery
  • Started on 01 January 2025
  • 40 count French Vanilla Linen (1 over 2)
  • Using DMC 935 and 470
2026 Starts:

"Ornamental Alphabet" designed by Jeanette Crews Designs
  • Started on 20 August 2026
  • 16 count Light Brown Aida (2 over 1)
  • Using DMC 319 and 498
  • Note: I am doing the letter "V" and will be turning it into a pillow ornament. This is from a cross-stitch book from 1983.

Well, there you have it. All of my current WIPs. I realize I have a lot that were started way back in 2021. I wanted to participate in MAYnia that year, and I started a bunch before I realized that I really only like to focus on a couple of projects at a time. I am currently focusing on "The Library," "Sea to Shining Sea," and "Ornamental Alphabet." As I finish those, I will choose others to work on until they are complete.

I do have quite a few projects in line and kitted up, but not yet started, and I am eager to begin those as well. I plan to do a kit video soon on my Youtube channel, as well as a finishes parade, so be sure to look out for that. 

-Kaelyn

Please Consider Supporting Me:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me a Comment :)